Contract: 32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks
Start date: September 2022
Salary: Pro rota £16,250 - £16,546 (Please note the outstanding April 2022 Local Government Pay Award will increase the starting salary).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for aspirational Teaching Assistants to support teaching and learning at Northumberland Heath Primary School. The purpose of this role will be to support children, including children with SEN, to access the full curriculum. We are looking for motivational, resourceful and compassionate Teaching Assistants to inspire and support our children within daily school life.
- Working with class teachers and leaders to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Supporting children on a 1:1 or group basis which may include children receiving support through an EHC Plan.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning.
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources.
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all children.
- Creating opportunities for all children to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- A relevant supporting teaching and learning in schools qualification.
- Previous experience of working with children.
- Willingness to develop skills through Core Professional Development, including understanding of working with children with SEND.
- A proven ability to work in a team and on your own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
If you have experience working with children and would like to take the next step in your career, please apply today. Candidates should refer to the job description and person specification in the attachments section below.
To apply, complete the online application forms, or if you would prefer, please contact us to request a word version of the application form.
Northumberland Heath Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.