Post title: Teacher of Computing and IT
Grade: Teaching Scale Point 1 – 9
Reporting to: Curriculum Leader
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
The Henley College is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Teacher of Computing and IT to join our growing team. The post holder should be familiar with planning and teaching activities and will be required to teach A – Level and Extended Certificates, Level 2 and Level 3. We are looking for a professional and dedicated candidate who will be committed to empowering young people to thrive in their education. This role is open both NQTs and experienced teachers.
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons;
- Teaching, according to their educational needs, the students assigned to you including the setting and marking and assessment of work to be carried out by the student in college and elsewhere
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students in each case having regard to the curriculum for the college
- Internal moderation and moderation of assessed work
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class or group of students assigned to you
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions; making relevant records and report
- Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students
- Communicating and consulting with the parents of students
- Communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside the college
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
- Contributing to the College marketing activities
- Adherence to the College policies and procedures
Assessments and Reports
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students
- Advising and co-operating with the Principal and other teachers (or any one or more of them) on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements.
- Comply with any rules and regulations which the College may from time to time issue, to ensure the efficient operation of its business and the welfare and interest of its employees and learners.
- Work flexibly and efficiently to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the College.
- To ensure adherence to all College policies and procedures including Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, Keeping Children Safe in Education and IT Policy and procedures.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during college processes, for example Developmental reviews.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
- Teaching qualification (or working towards a full teaching qualification)
- Degree in the relevant field or substantial experience
- Commitment to active and student-centred learning
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with educational developments affecting the work of the College
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff
- Well-developed organisational skills
- The work collaboratively with a committed team of teachers and support staff
Terms of Employment
Tenure of post: Permanent, Term Time Only
Hours of work: 0.8 - 1 FTE
Start Date: ASAP
Annual leave: 66 days per leave year (from 1 September to 31 August) (Prorated for Part – Time)
Salary: The salary will be on the Henley College Teachers’ Spine from £24,821.00 up to £41,516.00 per annum (Prorated for Part – Time)
Benefits you can Enjoy
- Teachers Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employee contributory pension scheme.
- Amazing range of continued professional development to support your career path including teacher training
- Free onsite gym
- Free Car Park on both sites and Good public transport
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health through our EAP.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Please note - Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than stated should we source a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.