Do you want to be part of a dedicated and friendly team that helps young people with complex learning, behaviour and physical difficulties to blossom and achieve?
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our Foundation Learning team and help us to create opportunities that transform lives.
This is an excellent start to a career in education, with fully funded staff development and progression opportunities that include teaching, management and leadership routes.
As a Foundation Learning Support Assistant, you will work directly with students to provide support with learning valuable life skills and managing their self-care needs, as well as assisting teaching staff in maintaining a safe learning environment.
You may be asked to provide dedicated 1:1 support to specific students, allowing you to build up a rapport with individuals, or support groups of students with similar needs and requirements. You will have the support of a larger team who will help you develop and implement specific strategies to support the students’ needs.
Current Contracts available working 8.50am - 3.10pm Term Time only :
18 Hours per week (3 days) £8,180 Actual (FTE £20,259)
24 Hours per Week (4 days) £10,907 Actual
30 Hours per week (5 Days) £13,634 Actual
You will have the following:
- A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have additional needs in a personal or professional setting
It would be desirable if you also:
- Hold a qualification related to Health and Social Care
- Have experience of working within Education
We are proud to be the first-choice vocational education provider for West Berkshire and an exceptional place to work. We take pride in our commitment to our employees, and we are seeking passionate, talented teaching and non-teaching staff to join our thriving team.
Everything we do is about "creating opportunities to transform lives", from the exceptional support we provide to our students to the professional development available to our staff. By offering flexible, part-time, and full-time roles, a range of enticing benefits, and a supportive working environment, we aim to make Newbury College and University Centre Newbury the ideal place to build your career.
· Free onsite parking
· 25 days holiday included in annual salary
· Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
· Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
· On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
· Discounted Community Learning courses
· Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
· Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
· Friendly and flexible working environment
· Development Opportunities
· Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.