Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ a committed and enthusiastic Progress Coach, to work in close liaison with the Head of Department, teaching staff and Progress Coach team to contribute to the planning and delivery of key aspects of the Personal Development Plan and support for students. Set high standards and expectations for the programme to support and achieve outstanding provision to further advance students’ personal development, behaviour and attitudes to each other, learning and work. To deliver 1:1 reviews and group sessions in line with College tutorial programme.
• Previous experience of delivering personal development or curriculum activities with young people
• Experience of innovation, enthusiasm, flexibility and commitment to helping students to fully access and engage with their learning programme, positively progress and succeed
• Good understanding of the issues around student support and safeguarding
• Experience of working to challenging targets and be able to work in a changeable environment where personal performance can be measured and successful teamwork is essential
• Ability to converse and communicate confidently in a range of situations
• Experience of working with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner
• Experience of working with Health and Safety Regulations/Risk Assessment
• Competent to use a range of computer systems and software including spreadsheets and databases with the ability to analyse data
• Ability to relate well to and develop a good rapport with individual or groups from a diverse background, age range and levels of ability
• Ability to act with integrity, sensitivity, care and diplomacy
• Understanding of the fundamentals of learning and development and barriers to learning
• Enthusiasm for education and learning
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening, questioning techniques and ability to inspire and challenge students
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise work ensuring timely management of own workload
• Ability to work on own initiative and to a consistently high standard under pressure to pre-determined deadlines
• Excellent administrative skills with the ability to produce management information, reports and statistics and monitoring targets
• Qualified to at least Level 3 (A level equivalent)
• Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
• Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring, or willing to work towards
• Ability to travel between College sites
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.