Maths and English Lecturer
22 Hours per Week over 4 Days
£16,922 Actual (FTE £28,460)
Newbury College is looking to recruit a Maths and English Lecturer To support the delivery of English & Math's for Entry Level 1 and 3 students at Newbury College. The successful candidate will have to prepare and teach Maths lessons in the morning and English which may include qualifications such as Entry Level 1 to Level 1 in the afternoons, including day to day management of own delivery. To Facilitate good working relationships with the wider college, working alongside them to plan and deliver improvements in the quality of teaching and learning, and to ensure effective collaboration.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 4/equivalent qualification in English or Math's
- Level 3 teaching Qualification
- Experience of teaching entry level English or Math's
It would be desirable if you also have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in English and Maths.
- Assessor Award
- Level 4+ Teaching Qualification
- Experience of working Further Education.
We are proud to be the first-choice vocational education provider for West Berkshire and an exceptional place to work. We take pride in our commitment to our employees, and we are seeking passionate, talented teaching and non-teaching staff to join our thriving team.
Everything we do is about "creating opportunities to transform lives", from the exceptional support we provide to our students to the professional development available to our staff. By offering flexible, part-time, and full-time roles, a range of enticing benefits, and a supportive working environment, we aim to make Newbury College and University Centre Newbury the ideal place to build your career.
· Free onsite parking
· Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
· Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
· On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
· Discounted Community Learning courses
· Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
· Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
· Friendly and flexible working environment
· Development Opportunities
· Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.