Queen Mary’s College is seeking to appoint a Marketing Intern. The site is set on a beautiful multi-use area in the heart of Basingstoke, covering approximately 23 acres. Its educational facilities range from excellent teaching facilities built in recent years to buildings that were original to the Shrubbery School first established in the 1950s. The College operates a commercial theatre, Central Studio and also a Sports Centre. We also attract room bookings/lettings from a vast range of users from the local community and further afield. Over the last few years, through having attracted grants and additional funding, we have spent over £20 million in updating, improving and maintaining our site, therefore understandably we are extremely proud of Queen Mary’s College campus.
We serve over 2,000 students offering a wide range of courses suitable for all levels. This appointment will join the Marketing Team, regularly liaising with the Commercial Operations Team. The team works hard to market the college to potential students and parents as well as customers and visitors. Your internal client is made up of approximately 220 members of staff both Teaching and non-teaching.
We are seeking someone with design skills and a keen interest in marketing to join our busy marketing team. You need to be confident and be ready to get stuck into a range of tasks such as social media, graphic design, website, e-marketing and events. You will need to be comfortable working with young people as well as having excellent customer service for both internal and external customers.
You need to have very good writing skills both on paper and in “virtual” terms as well as having a friendly outgoing approach. Working in this environment requires good organisational and people skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. The ideal applicant is a person who can work well with others and on their own. Essentially you need to understand how to apply your initiative, as well as understanding the importance of teamwork.
We welcome applications from candidates with relevant existing experience as well as those with a keen interest in learning more and gaining hands on experience and knowledge in the field of marketing.
Purpose of Job:
• To support the provision of the marketing service by contributing to a range of operational marketing duties which enhance the profile and reputation of the College.
Accountable to: Marketing Manager
• Strong Brand and Reputation
• Excellent external communications.
• To monitor, and contribute to, the College’s social media presence.
• To assist with updating the content of the college website.
• To assist with E-marketing
• To assist with Copywriting e.g. Prospectus, newsletters, brochures, leaflets, posters, web pages
• Production of graphic design material.
• Media relations including writing and distribution of press releases and liaison with relevant contacts.
• To contribute as a team member to the development of the annual Marketing Strategic and Operational Plan.
• To contribute to and photograph events as required (includes some evening work).
• To produce promotional materials for marketing liaison events.
• To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be requested.
The person appointed will be able to demonstrate the following:
Essential requirements & Qualifications:
• GCSE (or Equivalent) Grade C (4) or above in English and Maths
• A Level qualification (or equivalent) preferably in a related field such as Media, Photography, Art, Graphics
• Related Degree (Desirable)
• Knowledge of marketing
• Knowledge of branding & corporate identity
• Social media: Able to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn etc
• Producing written materials and booklets
• Excellent spelling and grammar
• Copy writing for web and print
• Graphic Design skills and use of Photoshop
• Editing written materials
• Ability to produce publications & print materials to strict – often conflicting deadlines
• Experience of writing press releases
• Ability to gather key information and present according to audience (i.e. publication)
• Ability to conduct interviews with staff / students for promotional purposes
• Ability to keep up to date with content of promotional materials and update them when required
• Ability to interpret and present statistics accurately
• Have a clear understanding about copyright issues and use of information
This role attracts a number of benefits such as, working with a brilliant and dedicated team, access to a beautiful 23-acre site, use of the Sports Centre facilities, (swim and gym) free parking on site, and complimentary hot beverages for all staff, mentoring support, and access to significant related training and development. Apart from all of this you will work with a brilliant dedicated Marketing & Admissions team.
Queen Mary's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.