Macclesfield College is a multi-award winning college and proud of its ambitious values. In addition to being the number 1 college in Cheshire and Warrington (DfE 2019), regionally it has proudly achieved Business of the Year 2019/20, and Business and Education winner 2019/20. This is alongside many of our colleagues winning teaching and other awards; we are proud of our organisation achievements.
Our mission statement “Empowerment through Learning” is our company DNA, not only do we want the very best for every student, we want the best for our colleagues too – join us!
An exciting opportunity for proactive, confident and enthusiastic individuals has arisen to complement the Student Services team in offering the right support for young people with additional needs, ensuring they are successful in their chosen course. You will support groups and/or individual students who have been assessed and identified as requiring additional learning and support.
You will need to be a good communicator with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of people at all levels. The post-holder will need to be well organised and possess good time management skills and problem solving skills, whilst having the ability to work on your own initiative.
Why Choose Macclesfield College?
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
- Free onsite parking
- In addition to the Bank and Public Holidays, Academic and Business Support holiday entitlement
- Holiday Christmas Close Down
- Long Service Recognition
- Star Cards – Recognising over and above acts of excellence
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Life Assurance
- Excellent pension schemes (Local Government and Teachers)
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Continuing Professional Development
- College Family Fun Day and Christmas Celebrations
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite cafés
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.