Hours: 36 Hours
Contract: Interim – 6 months
Closing Date: Monday 19th December 2022
Location: Hammersmith (W14)
At West London College, we are committed to championing innovation and creativity, and we invite you to join us on this journey. We welcome applicants who can share our values of Ambition, Innovation, Accountability and Inclusion.
We have four College sites across West London at Park Royal, Ealing, Hammersmith and Southall. By bringing your skills to the College you will have a wonderful opportunity to make a difference to these students’ education and to their future.
As a diverse College in the UK, we offer an exciting, innovative and stimulating work environment with a wide variety of employment opportunities and a culture focused on Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement.
About the role:
To contribute to the College’s journey to excellence by providing a responsive and accurate HR service through the use of efficient and effective HR policies and procedures. To support the Senior HR Business Partner in ensuring the HR function exceeds expectations with regard to all casework undertaken.
Our aim is to recruit the best people practice professionals and to deliver an exceptional HR service to stakeholders. If you are ambitious, innovative and committed to ensuring an outstanding experience for the staff and managers we serve, we would love to hear from you.
• Building relationships with all stakeholders to give sound, professional advice on HR issues.
• Undertake a wide variety of employee relations casework including capability, sickness, grievance and disciplinary.
• Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on College policy and employment legislation and communicate forthcoming changes and their impact.
• Consulting, influencing and coaching line managers on people management matters to develop knowledge and capability
• Work as a valued member of the HR team, promoting continuous improvement, sharing good practices and positively promoting the role of HR in the College.
If you have a passion for delivering outstanding customer service and are looking for a new opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
Our team are important to us and we offer a wide range of benefits to recognise the hard work put in to supporting our learners.
As a member of the support team you will receive:
● Eye care vouchers
● Cycle to Work scheme
● Season ticket loan
● Computer loan
● Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
● Continuous Professional Development
● Access to the Colleges Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
● Discount at the Colleges on site hair and beauty salon
The safety and welfare of our learners and staff is extremely important to us and this is why we pride ourselves on our safeguarding procedures. As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activities relevant to children. For further information about our Safeguarding and Prevent policy, please click on this link.
We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
To apply, please complete an application form before the closing date specified, as CVs will not be accepted. Please ensure you also include a supporting statement as part of your application. We may close the application deadline earlier than expected, so please ensure you submit your applications as soon as possible.
West London College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.