We are now looking for Exam Invigilators to support us throughout the busy exam period.
As an exam invigilator, you will be responsible for managing behaviour and ensuring all guidelines are adhered to during the exams. The role requires you to work ad-hoc, part time hours and so a flexible nature is required.
- To ensure that examinations comply with JCQ regulations.
- To assist with the preparation of rooms prior to examinations and to help with the packing away at the end of sessions.
- To be vigilant at all times and report any malpractice to the Exams Officer.
- To help maintain a calm and quiet environment and deal with any disturbances which occur during the exam.
- To report any examination irregularities to the Examinations Officer.
- Carry out any other duties that can reasonably be requested by the Examinations Officer
This is a seasonal post with exams taking place throughout the year. Your availability during May and June is essential as this is the main exam season.
Preferably you will be available for morning sessions which can start at 8am and for afternoon sessions which may run past 4pm. Training will be provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE TRUST AND PRINCIPAL
- To adhere to all Academy policies and procedures.
- To participate in any appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents.
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably required by the Principal
- To support the ethos of the Academy and enforce the Academy behavioral and uniform policies.
No job description can be entirely comprehensive and roles develop organically over time. The post holder will be expected to adapt and carry out such duties as may be required from time to time, on the understanding that they will be within the individual’s remit and capability, and consistent with the status and responsibilities of the role within the organisation.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way the post holder is expected and required to perform and complete the duties as set out in the foregoing.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Exam Invigilator at Pimlico Academy, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Pimlico Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.