Hours of work: 20 hours pw, 4pm - 8pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £10.00 - £10.50ph
Main Base: Various UET locations within the Swindon area
Reporting to: Bespoke Lead
Uplands Enterprise Trust (UET)
UET (Uplands Enterprise Trust) is a Swindon based charity that helps young people & adults CYP&A) with SEND to help themselves. We are run by enthusiastic, skilled, and creative staff, with a knowledgeable board of voluntary Trustees. The UET is constantly developing, expanding, and changing to improve the lives of disabled YP&A within Swindon and surrounding areas.
Our Bespoke offer provides tailored support to young people & adults (YP&A) with SEND to enable them to gain, learn from, develop, and maintain their work and life skills and to make a positive progression and contribution to the community.
- Communicate with the YP&A, parents/carers, colleagues, and other professionals in a professional manner.
- Communicate with YP&A using a variety of individual methods including; PECs, visual aids, sign language and technology.
- Managing behaviour that challenges us when necessary including the use of Team Teach principles for the use of physical intervention for the management of challenging behaviour.
- Safe intervention when a YP&A is in crisis, adopting effective de-escalation techniques.
- Administering medication when needed, training will be provided.
- To provide simple medical aid as and when necessary and take all reasonable measures to ensure health and safety in all locations.
- Ensure that the YP&A gain the most from tasks, having the opportunity to try new things, developing our offer, and researching new opportunities to keep the offer fresh and relevant.
- Understand that each YP&A is an individual and therefore the day is tailored to deliver the best outcomes.
- Responsible for recording and capturing YP&A progress including input monitoring and reviewing of work programmes.
- To prepare for daily activities, ensuring resources are ready and clean and tidy after use.
- Be a positive role model to YP&A at all times.
- Upholding UET policies and procedures.
- Be mindful of and act in accordance with safeguarding and health & safety procedures.
- Take part in staff meetings and training when required.
Please note that our organisation is based over a number of sites in and around the Swindon area and you may be required to work to work from different sites, as directed by the Director of Operations and Delivery.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not themselves justify the re-valuation of a post.
The Trustee body retains the right to implement changes to this job description to reflect changes in the demands of the post and this will be done in consultation with the post holder.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£10.50 per hour
Brunel Academies Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview in line with Safer Recruitment and KCSIE.
Brunel Academies Trust is dedicated to the vision of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. We value the contributions of all colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds and actively seek to promote an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance.
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, Brunel Academies Trust welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, pronouns preference, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy, paternity or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.