Macclesfield College is proud of its achievements and ambitious plans for the future. We are high performing and the Number 1 College in Cheshire & Warrington (DfE 2019).
We strive to offer an exceptional working culture and have recently been highly commended as “Best Place to Work” at the North East Cheshire Business Awards 2022.
We invest in the future for both students and colleagues alike and continue to attract, retain and develop our outstanding people to provide only the best for our learners.
We have the most supportive and collaborative colleagues who enrich the lives of our students by living our Vision of "Empowerment through Learning" It is our DNA and we push for excellence in everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data & Information Officer to join our busy MIS and Exams Department on a maternity cover basis until the end of September.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To form part of a dedicated enrolment team offering an online enrolment service for students and ID badge production.
- To check/monitor online attendance input by Tutors on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the daily priorities of the Examinations Team are met
- Respond to enquiries from learners, parents and authorised third parties about enrolment queries and resolve any issues.
- To ensure all courses have a timetable and an Official College registers either online or paper, building & updating registers on the system.
This role will play a vital part in achieving the Colleges Mission and Vision as this post will support essential functions of the MIS Team which play a key role in accurate management of College data.
The post holder will be work with the other college staff to administrate and organise all of the student record information held across the College in accordance with specific regulations and to ensure daily priorities of the MIS Team are met.
Why Choose Macclesfield College? For starters we offer the opportunity to work from home on a Friday to enhance your work life balance.
We are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer and by joining us, you will have access to our fantastic benefits, inclusive of:
- 38 days annual leave inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- 2 weeks additional leave at Christmas close
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free secure campus parking and excellent transport links
- Long Service Recognition
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Investment in our employees Continuous Professional Development at the College with a comprehensive timetable of training and development alongside coaching and mentoring from our experienced Quality team.
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work
- Retail discounts
- Good for ME, Good for FE – Volunteering, Fundraising
- Discounted gym membership, and hair and beauty treatments
- Onsite Starbucks café
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.