Hours 18.5 Per Week,
38 Weeks Per Year Term time only,
Salary £8403 (£21,383 FTE)
We are looking for a Technician to support the delivery of our Construction provision. You will be required to set out equipment in workshops, assist teaching staff as requested during demonstrations for the training of students, and support the preparation of practical teaching resources. The College has a track record of delivering exceptional quality provision across the Technology field, through Plumbing, Carpentry and Electrical.
If you have experience of construction maintenance and are looking for a part time role and the opportunity to work with and mentor students, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will have;
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Experience of working in education with a variety of students.
- Experience of construction maintenance
We are proud to be the first-choice vocational education provider for West Berkshire and an exceptional place to work. We take pride in our commitment to our employees, and we are seeking passionate, talented teaching and non-teaching staff to join our thriving team.
Everything we do is about "creating opportunities to transform lives", from the exceptional support we provide to our students to the professional development available to our staff. By offering flexible, part-time, and full-time roles, a range of enticing benefits, and a supportive working environment, we aim to make Newbury College and University Centre Newbury the ideal place to build your career.
· Free onsite parking
· 25 days holiday
· Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
· Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
· On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
· Discounted Community Learning courses
· Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
· Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
· Friendly and flexible working environment
· Development Opportunities
· Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.