1.0 FTE (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£35,822 to £41,313 per annum
Do you enjoy motivating young people? We are seeking a construction lecturer to join our expanding Construction team.
You will need to be a highly motivated team player and have the skills, drive and enthusiasm to deliver and maintain the highest standards on the courses. As construction lecturer you will primarily teach on Level 2 Multi-skills qualifications for full-time students and Property Maintenance Apprentices studying; Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Brickwork, Plumbing and Tiling. We currently have expertise within all these areas within the team, so resources are in place and advice is always on hand.
It would be beneficial if you could bring a particular skill set regarding Carpentry, to teach on our Technical Certificate, but this isn’t a prerequisite for the role.
• High level of knowledge and experience in a variety of construction crafts
• Hold a teaching qualification and a minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience
• Hold a Level 2 qualification in a vocational, construction area
• Committed to developing learners’ skills and technical understanding
You may be required to be a tutor for a designated group of learners which will involve guiding them through their individual learning journey towards their expected goals. Assessment, action planning and contributing to course development are all aspects of this role.
Interviews will be arranged as and when applications are received so please do not delay in applying.
- Onsite interview and microteach to staff and students, on a predetermined topic associated with construction
- Pension scheme: Teachers’ pension scheme (TPS)
- DBS check is payable by candidate
- Benefits include: 35 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, retail benefits scheme, free onsite parking, use of onsite gym, access to the refectory/coffee shop and staff wellbeing day.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.