Career Development Coach - Fixed Term until Oct 2023
12 Hours per week, 40 weeks £5,741 actual (£20,259 FTE)
we are currently looking for Job Development Coach to join our expanding team. This is a fundamental role that requires the successful candidate to work with our learners to find meaningful employment opportunities, supporting our “careers not courses” approach within Newbury College.
You will be required to work from 12 hours per week on a term-time only basis.
You will have the following.
1. A minimum of level 2 (GCSE) English and Maths or equivalent
2. BASE qualified for in-work support (or working towards)
3. L3 Teaching qualification and/or L3 IAG (or working towards
4. Experience of working with young people or adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
5. Experience in a customer facing role
It would be desirable if you also have
1. A qualification in care or learning support
2. Knowledge of SEN learners
3. Experience of learners accessing work experience
4. A first Aid qualification
We are proud to be the first-choice vocational education provider for West Berkshire and an exceptional place to work. We take pride in our commitment to our employees, and we are seeking passionate, talented teaching and non-teaching staff to join our thriving team.
Everything we do is about "creating opportunities to transform lives", from the exceptional support we provide to our students to the professional development available to our staff. By offering flexible, part-time, and full-time roles, a range of enticing benefits, and a supportive working environment, we aim to make Newbury College and University Centre Newbury the ideal place to build your career.
· Free onsite parking
· Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
· Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
· On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
· Discounted Community Learning courses
· Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
· Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
· Friendly and flexible working environment
· Development Opportunities
· Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.