£51,264 - £55,959 (pay award pending) per annum
Sparsholt College Group launched an ambitious strategic plan to take it on the next phase of its development. To help drive the College forward, we are seeking to appoint an ambitious and aspiring individual who is actively looking to further develop their career in a leadership role. Sparsholt College Group has a renowned reputation for investing in the talents of its staff and will support those wishing to undertake senior leadership training as part of their ongoing personal development. The Assistant Principal role will cover both the Andover and Sparsholt campus providing a unique opportunity for the right candidate to diversify their experiences. Reporting to the Vice Principal - Andover, and working in close collaboration with other Sparsholt College Group FE Assistant Principals, the successful applicant will have responsibility for the College’s Maths and English curriculum as well as growing the adult skills offer across its range of programme areas.
The successful candidate:
- must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of improving standards and raising achievement, with the ability to motivate, inspire and lead a team of highly committed staff.
- will have an in-depth understanding of the current educational landscape, and be able to demonstrate a proven track record in delivering and managing outstanding provision, preferably in a post-16 setting.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and personal gravitas to be able to interact with leaners and their parents, colleagues, clients and external stakeholders
Relocation support will be available.
The principal place of work will be discussed with the successful applicant. The postholder will need to work from either campus and the amount of time spent each week at either campus will vary accordingly.
Closing Date: 17 April 2023
College Benefits include:
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 35 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
- The college is situated in the heart of the town with excellent access to national road network and links to bus and train facilities.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.