Job Development Coach for Construction
18.5 hours per week
£26,600 to £32,473 FTE
Newbury College is looking to recruit a Job Development Coach to work with our Carpentry apprentices. You will be responsible planning, supporting and making decisions on an apprentice’s progress toward the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to pass their Apprenticeship Standard. You will also join at a time when Apprenticeships are a key part of our strategy and you will be involved in growing this provision.
We are looking for someone who has aspiration for their students and the college, who shows integrity in all that they do and has respect for individuals.
The successful candidate will have;
- Professional competence in the area you are assessing, which typically will have been gained through working in that industry for at least two years
- Experience of training others on a 1:2:1 and small group basis
- It would be beneficial if you also have (don't worry if you don't, we can develop these skills with you):
- Assessor qualifications or able to demonstrate that you are working towards these
- A Degree, Higher education Qualification, or professional qualification
- IQA Qualification
- Teaching Qualification
We are proud to be the first-choice vocational education provider for West Berkshire and an exceptional place to work. We take pride in our commitment to our employees, and we are seeking passionate, talented teaching and non-teaching staff to join our thriving team.
Everything we do is about "creating opportunities to transform lives", from the exceptional support we provide to our students to the professional development available to our staff. By offering flexible, part-time, and full-time roles, a range of enticing benefits, and a supportive working environment, we aim to make Newbury College and University Centre Newbury the ideal place to build your career.
· Free onsite parking
· 25 days holiday
· Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
· Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
· On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
· Discounted Community Learning courses
· Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
· Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
· Friendly and flexible working environment
· Development Opportunities
· Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.