Beaumont is a truly outstanding school which achieves the very highest levels of academic success across a broad and balanced curriculum, supported by excellent pastoral care. We are an 11-18, mixed, community school with Academy status, located on the east side of St Albans, with specialisms in Languages, Mathematics and Computing. The school provides an outstanding education where all students are encouraged to succeed and are given a wide range of learning and enrichment opportunities in which to ‘enjoy and excel’.
Brief overview of the role
To provide support to teachers in the management of pupils’ learning. To liaise with teachers in supporting pupils’ learning and to carry out duties as directed by SENCO.
Mon - Thurs 8.20am – 3.30pm, Fri 8.20am – 2.40pm. Term time only (TBC). Total hours per week: 30.00
Successful applicant must be committed to completing a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship over the next 18 months.
The tasks currently associated with the job are:
- To provide additional needs support for designated students on the SEN register e.g. by delivering work prepared by teaching staff, breaking down tasks, scribing, keeping students on task, supporting students at break times or meeting other needs outside of lessons
- To assist in the monitoring and assessment of student with SEN and contribute to discussions relating to their progress
- To contribute information for Education, Health and Care Plan reviews as requested
- To assist with the preparation of differentiated materials for pupils, e.g. photocopying or enlarging work.
- To invigilate special arrangements for examinations or controlled assessment or act as a scribe or reader
- To accompany teachers and pupils on out-of-school activities under the direction of a teacher.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, and report all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To attend appropriate training sessions
- To assist in the personal care of students with physical and/or neurological impairments
- To contribute, as need or opportunity arises, to other tasks relating to the smooth running of the school
This job description may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of the school in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Good communicator, good team player
- Ability to mentor and guide a student and liaise with other professionals
- To have an understanding of and a commitment to child welfare and safety
- IT literate
- Experience of working with children
- Well organised
- Sense of humour
- Willingness to engage in appropriate CPD
GCSEs including English and Maths at grade C/4 equivalent or above
Let Me Play Apprentice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.