Are you in search of a new opportunity to support, mentor and challenge underachieving or vulnerable students? We are looking to recruit an outstanding Academic Tutor for an immediate start.
We are seeking to recruit an Academic Tutor to work collaboratively with our SEND Team in supporting student attainment and progress in a range of subjects. We are looking for someone who can engage with some of our more vulnerable students to help them achieve their full potential and secure the best outcomes.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who will:
- Work within the SEND department supporting in lessons on a timetabled basis for small class groups.
- Work with students either in 1:1 or group settings to help with their academic progress.
- Produce differentiated tasks to support the students who struggle to progress in a full class setting.
- Implement strategies which are focused on addressing the reasons for underachievement.
- Supervise students who are completing work and support students in catch up sessions following long periods of absences.
- Implement strategies which build and develop the confidence of the identified students, and which help develop their academic progress.
- Run student drop-in sessions.
- Organise and deliver workshops which improve student confidence in their academic ability.
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
- An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Classrooms with SMART boards.
- Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
- Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: FTE £22,462, ACT £16,103.27
Hours of work: 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only
Closing date for applications: 31st December 2022
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place